Thursday, July 22, 2010

Does a tick bite every look like a pimple?

The other day I found a spot on my leg that looked like a pimple. It's a small bump that's pink around the edges and has a little bit of white at the top (from the infection). But the other day my mom worried me a little bit by asking if it's a tick bite. My mother is usually paranoid, so I'm not that worried, and I have gotten pimples on weird parts of my body before (like my arm pit), but I just want to know if it's possible for a tick-bite to look like a pimple. It doesn't have a rash like all those pictures of lyme disease that I saw, and it doesn't itch...it's just a little sore.Does a tick bite every look like a pimple?
Probably an ingrown hair. Tick bite is supposed to look like a red dot with a ring around it, similar to a bull`s eye target, before it develops into a rash.

1 comment:

TheGeekFnatic said...

I have the same problem, me and you probably have the same thing, I was bit by a tick while working at my uncles house cutting some bamboo stalks when I found out I was bit, I suggest keeping a close eye on the bite and if it starts forming a bullseye shape outline around the bite then thats when you should get a medical expert to look at it. If you start having unknown headaches, pains in the inside of you body,rashes, or pains in any of the joints in your body seek medical attention immediately, for these are signs of lyme disease.

Post a Comment