Saturday, July 24, 2010

Do I have a pimple or a cyst?

I have a raised area under the skin on my chin. It is itchy and bothersome, but I am not touching it. When I smile you can make out a slight lump on my chin and it is kind of white in color. There is no head, like a pimple. What is it?! Will it go away on its own? I just don't want it to get bigger!





PS - I am on minocycline, an antibiotic for acne right now.Do I have a pimple or a cyst?
I'm on minocycline too! Down to 100mg a day and that's NOT strong enough. I've noticed that I'm more prone to cystic acne when I don't have at least 200mg of antibiotic in my body daily. But anyway, you don't need to wait a week. If in 24-48 hours, the bump has not formed a head, or if you put a drying agent on it and the size doesn't increase or form a head, it's a cyst.





I highly doubt it's gonna get any bigger than it already is. The unfortunate thing is that cysts, like boils, are so inflamed that it's VERY difficult for topical medication to penetrate into the clogged hair follicle. I'd suggest applying a heat compress for 15 minutes or so, twice a day on the cysts, then follow that by dabbing Tea Tree Oil on the cyst. That should help the swelling and redness go down a lot faster.Do I have a pimple or a cyst?
a pimple can turn into a cyst/boil sometimes, they get infected! your anti-biotics can reduce your natural deffences and add to more spots or even colds and cold sores. if you have oily or problem skin then the poors get blocked and adds to your pimples problem but they are caused by your natural system and reactions in the bodey. see your doc have it checked and probably look at your dietry habbits and change a few things to fresh natural foods
it's probably a sebaceous cyst. it's usually harmless and will go away on it's own. I have had several under my chin from time to time. Some will last a week, some have lasted for several weeks.
Hard to say. Leave it alone, don't mess with it for 1 week, then check it out again It should have either turned into a zit and started going away, or just gone away.
One possibility is a thyroglossal duct cyst. These are usually closer to the Adam's apple and directly in the midline. They move slightly upward when you stick your tongue out or when you swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment