Monday, July 26, 2010

There's a pimple looking thing on my eyeball?

My eyes have been really irritated for like a week. They're really red and inflamed. One of my eyes has a pus pimple looking thing on it. My Mom's taking me to the doctor tomorrow. Do you have any clue what could be wrong with my eyeballs?There's a pimple looking thing on my eyeball?
I have one too. I got it around 2005, and my eye felt swollen, like it was coming out of the socket. It was very red and irritated. He said my eye was a little swollen, the pimple thing is just a build up of the flesh of the eye (still have it). He gave me prednisone drops and I used them as he said and the other problems went away. My husband has one on the inside of his lower eye lid. It swells, and pusses for about a week once in awhile. Starts with an ';S'; but can't think of what it is. But its not a stye. It is something like ';shintz'; or something.There's a pimple looking thing on my eyeball?
It is likely a stye. It is like you said, like a pimple. You have oil glands on your eye lids. If they get plugged, sometimes from lack of normal tearing like from watching a computer screen to long, they can get infected,


The normal treatment is called an eye hygiene program. It is simple you hold a warm to hot compress on your eye for about 5 - 10 minutes and then you use a washcloth, usually the compress, to scrub the eye lid edges. Some people use diluted baby shampoo for scrub some use tea tree oil shampoo some use nothing. You do this 3 times a day for a couple of days and the stye opens, drains and goes away. You are likely susceptible to this so you might need to do the eye hygiene thing often.


Over the counter eye drops, the lubricating type NOT the get the red out or allergy kind, help make things feel better. You can also get overnight goo to put on the eye lid that helps the pain and makes you do the eye hygiene thing in the morning.
The doctor will diagnose you tomorrow. Nothing too serious going on, but tonight, rest your eyes (keep them closed with cool compresses). That should soothe them until your visit.
it could be a stye if it is located more on the inside of your eyelid, it could also be scleritis.
Is the pus pimple thing actually on your eyeball or is it on your eyelid?

No comments:

Post a Comment